As with those other companies, SAHABAT SMI® begin when its founder, an intense, kinetic man, Dato’ Lee Chee Weng, grew frustrated with existing financial loan services and decided to create something better. That was year 2004, and his wife was carrying their first baby. Leaving a highly comfortable job for something that was full of uncertainties was a big gamble that he took. He wanted to create ones that worked better for everyone. He created a business loan consulting service because he figured out that the service filled an unmet need that entrepreneurs craved for. Solving financial problems is the core of everything SAHABAT SMI® does.
He redesigned the business loan consulting services to see if he could make the services simpler and easier. He believed in doing one thing really well – offering the one-and-only business loan consulting services to entrepreneurs.
He interviewed clients asking not only just the problems they faced in securing their business loans but also their ability and willingness to pay. He would use these information to design a solution that clients might not have dreamed up on their own but one that met their needs better than they could have imagined.
He has created a service which meets a need of the entrepreneurs, which they couldn’t get met anywhere else. He brings a sense of wonder to a place he is constantly trying to reinvent.
Dato’ Lee Chee Weng – The Profile of CEO:
- He is the CEO cum founder of SAHABAT SMI®, who is a reputable and prominent SME Funding Specialist, Business Councilor, Entrepreneur & Accredited Angel Investor.
- Bachelor of Technology Management (Hons) from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Skudai.
- He has around 20 years of experiences in handling SME loans.
- Panellist of BERNAMA, RTM 2, Radio AI-FM, Online Radio Stations, Sin Chew Jit Poh, Nangyang Siang Pau, China Press, Oriental Daily News, See Hwa Daily News, The Star and most of the local financial magazines pertaining to SME loan issue.
- Author of ‹ Decode of Financing › the 1st Malaysian hot selling guide book on Business Financing.
- National President of Smart Borrower’s Organization of Malaysia (SBOM) and Affiliate Member of The Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB).
- President, National Malaysia-Guangxi Chamber of Commerce cum Committee Member of the Guangxi Overseas Friendship Association of China.
- Holding various advisory position in political parties, non-profit and non-government organizations. He is always invited as the guest of speaker to talk on financing issues.
- He was one of the pioneers of Direct Access Guarantee Scheme (DAGS) and former Branch Manager of Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Bhd (CGC).
- PSMB approved trainer.
- Overseeing the entire business operations of the company.
We always Under Promise and Over Deliver
We have created countless brilliant records and become the benchmark for other companies in the industry to emulate since 2004.